Tuesday 26 November 2013

The three Cs



This is a very interesting article !

When I read it, I was reminded of Floella Benjamin's words when she spoke at the Exeter University graduation ceremonies, which I attended for my son's B.A. And M.A. Awards.

She is a brilliant speaker and I have never forgotten her words. 

She said:

Practice the 'three Cs' daily.

What are the 'three Cs' ?

Consideration ....Treat others the way you wish to be treated, with dignity and respect.

Contentment.... Be happy with your lot; that way, the more will come to you because you are open and ready to receive, rather than grabbing what is not meant for you.

Confidence.... Love yourself and believe that you are worthy, so that you can love others unconditionally.



I think,as parents and teachers, we can help to nurture these things in our children, and that they are very much intertwined with the six things mentioned in the article.

Have a happy day :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment