Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hearing children read! (Amongst other things!)


Well, it's a big day today as the government announces the new National Curriculum.

Here is the framework document in all its glory...




I need a week off to read and inwardly digest!


Obviously, I will be paying special attention to the teaching of English at all key stages.


However, I have massive issues with one topic in particular...and that is

the hearing of reading at KS1 and KS2.


Personally, I believe that hearing children read should be TOP priority.

As a classroom teacher, I would always hear my children read, daily.

I don't believe in all this, 'But there isn't time to do that!'

That's rubbish and there IS time if you make it top priority.

I always did.... and believe me it pays dividends!


As a private tutor, I hear my pupils read whenever they come for lessons.

So many of them tell me that they never read to anyone or if they do

it is very infrequently!

I am simply appalled by this.

I also read to children... and with children.


Anyway...


More about this next time...I have 220+ pages to read!

;-)













English Tuition Devon
Private tuition
Private tutor
English tuition Devon
English tuition South Devon
GCSE English Tuition
GCSE English Language Tuition
GCSE English Literature Tuition
Private tutoring KS1 English Tuition
KS2 English Tuition
KS3 English Tuition
English Tutor
Private English Tutor
Tutoring South Devon
Tutoring










No comments:

Post a Comment